Last Friday I attended the British Fashion Startup Awards and was crowned Winner!
This year I've achieved some incredible things:
- Launching the iconic Volpe Bag & our beautiful leather and vinyl purses;
- being featured on the BBC Website talking openly about my mental health and how I started Maison de Choup out of my anxiety.
- being interviewed by The Observer for talking about my personal experience with anxiety.
- and being featured by Vanity Fair who confirmed that Maison de Choup is 'The fashion brand with a mental health cause at its heart'
- And then winning the British Fashion Startup Award 2016 was the icing on the cake!
Thank you all so much for being part of this amazing and surreal journey! And we are sure there will be many more memories and exciting times to look forward to.
Enjoy some photos of the event!
"My biggest achievement is actually myself. In 2014 I was reclusive, severely mentally ill and I couldn’t leave my bedroom let alone the house. 2 years later I’m standing here in front of you, talking about a fashion brand that I created out of my anxiety. I could never have imagined this. A brand that not only creates beautiful, ethical clothing that people love but a brand that is creating awareness for mental health. And I, myself am openly talking about my own personal experience to people through my brand, getting them to talk. I never thought there was light at the end of the tunnel back in 2013, but looking back, there is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel. I believe everyone suffering will make it and they WILL be ok."
"Along the journey, I have achieved some incredible things, getting great press coverage, getting fantastic blog reviews and we are beginning to be known as a brand which is sympathetic to mental health. I’ve been featured on the BBC website talking about how I started MDC, I have been interviewed by the Observer and featured in Vanity Fair. I’m also partnered with the YoungMinds Charity donating 25% from our words fail me t-shirt to them. It is incredibly important to us to be an ethical company. We aim to provide high-quality clothing that is not only comfortable to wear, but people can feel great about wearing without worrying where it came from."
Collecting the Award whilst being slightly in shock!
And here it is... The British Fashion Startup Award
The full presentation video and interview with George will be available to view shortly.
Thank you so much to;